BIOSS Toolbox cell line library
Simplify the exchange and search for desired cell lines and deposit your cells in the central Toolbox unit.
Cell lines are available from the BIOSS Toolbox upon request only for research members of the University of Freiburg and the University Medical Center Freiburg.
The tasks of the collection include:
- acquisition of cell lines
- mycoplasma contamination control
- identification by genotyping
- expansion of cells
- freeze-preservation in liquid nitrogen tanks (-170 °C)
- collection of relevant data in a databank
- distribution of cell lines on request
Purchase Order Regulation:
As a non-profit repository, the Toolbox properly stores and maintains a cell line library in the BIOSS Signalhaus and thereby makes it available for academic and non-profit laboratories in Freiburg.
- On request the Toolbox team will provide a vial of frozen cells.
- To support operation of the Toolbox Repository and to maintain the high quality standard of our work we charge a fee for cell lines. The fee is used to cover consumables and operating cost. (The transfer of material contemplated herein shall not be considered as a "sale of goods" for any purposes.) Any request of material will be covered under a Toolbox-MTA between the RECIPIENT and the BIOSS Toolbox.
Members of the University of Freiburg & the University Medical Center Freiburg
Frozen Cell Line